Saturday, April 28, 2007

next generation servants

today we brought a bunch of students to prescott middle school for one of our justice projects....basically we rolled up to this school that has very very limited resources and very very great needs....we brought a lil hpc t.l.c.....painted their gym,locker rooms, and the biggie...we totaly did a extreme makover to the teachers lounge b/c it was struggling and next week is teachers appreciation. what an oppurtunity to serve our community and show the love of God. mad kudos to lori fotenot for throwin this gig together...also mad props to the students. change the world by serving one.

2 comments:

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! said...

It was really incredible Tweez! I had a great time and look forward to doing it again.You could just tell how much it meant for us to be there because of the lady who talked to us on the bus. I am so glad I got to be a part changing some people's lives.

-Alexandra(We haven't really met.
I'm new to Refuge.)

Aimee Cait said...

Man, Prescott... that's my stompin' grounds. I went to elementary school at Brookstown, and I've always wanted to go back out there and reach out into that community. That sends a really strong message, that a bunch of youth would give up their time to go work on a school like Prescott. Man. I'm in tears just thinking about it. Thanks, man. I'm prayin' for y'all.