Tuesday, April 3, 2007

fried heaven


at the begginig of the year i made some pretty outlandish commitments.(no fried foods, in the gym 4 days a week, pray every morning from 5-7am, really relax on my day off, etc.) well, here we are a couple of months down the road and the only commitment im still going strong on is the relax thingy. hahaha.
isnt it funny how commited we are at the begginig of the year? our new year resolutions and goals to be better, skinnier, healthier more spiritual people! we come out the tracks with a fierceness to attain what we've deemed to be life transforming and for a few weeks or maybe even months we wake up earlier stay up later and deny ourselves of the indulgencies of the previous year......but it only last for a bit doesnt it? we dont just abruptly stop either, rather we DRIFT away from our commitments. i've thought about this a bunch the past 2 weeks....not enough to quit eating fried stuff but i have paid it a thought or two. i guess it really hit me when i had a dream the other night of me coming to my office and stoping by the prayer room and opening the door only to find the lights off and the room empty. at that moment God reminded me of this same room only two months earlier at the same time packed with young people(including myself) praying,crying and begging God to pour out His presence on our church so that the lost would come to Him. then as i remembered that moment God spoke to me as i stared at this quite, empty room and He said," dont be upset when your altars look like your prayer rooms...EMPTY" ouch!!!! i couldnt go back to sleep....i remembered my mission and so i had to get up...i had to return to my commitment, i had to pray. God gave me the backhand....im gonna get back to my commitments but im still gonna eat fried stuff cuz this is louisiana and thats how we roll...yeahya

No comments: