Sunday, July 1, 2007

submerge 07

left to right(al makavee, rev. spike, the docta)

sorry to all my readers that i haven't posted in a while i just needed to make it thru summer camp....WOW! God dropped the ghost bomb on us at submerge. we had over a thousand students from all over the nation gather to submerge themselves in the presence of God and it was amazing! we saw hundreds of students saved and changed by God and then on the last day we did a massive baptism at the beach. it was great to have so many awesome Church's and youth pastors there to celebrate what God is doing in our generation. also, mad props to rev. spike for bringing the heat!!!

acts 13:36 "David full filled the purpose of God in "HIS" generation...." i love that.... "his" generation. not just the next generation....not just this generation.....but his generation....this verse reminds me of how I've gotta take ownership for this generation....my generation....ownership=responsibility. I'm responsible for my generation. i love what billy graham once said, " there's nothing we can do for the past generation and there's not much we can do for the future generation but we will stand before the judgement seat of the ALMIGHTY GOD and give an account for what we did with "our generation."

5 comments:

Cajun Tiger said...

powerful quotes!

Jamie said...

YEAAAAAAH!! That's what I'm talkin' about: A little Deal or No Deal, some "I LOVE THE WORD," and a WHOLE LOT of JESUS!!!!! Thanks for everything, Jason!

jason laird said...

Thank you for letting me come. I love doing ministry with you. I love you and I love the word!!!

You are the bestest ever and I would not trade this life for anything. It is a privilege and I hope that I make you proud. To many more camps, Refuges and life.
Love your Rib!Y

danohlerking said...

all that and a really sweet shirt.

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! said...

That my generation thing is so incredible! I love that and hope we can be a great army for Christ and change our generation. I feel so privileged to be a part of such a great youth group.
-Alex Pilgrim