Saturday, July 21, 2007

family in L.A.

this is my new friend "robert." he has lived on skid row for 20plus years. cool thing is that i got to pray with him yesterday and just listen to his story...the "ear" ministry is prolly the most effective ministry here on the streets cuz everyone has a story and everyone loves to tell their story. roberts story is much like the rest of the people you meet here....marked with pain, loneliness and addiction. BUT he told me that 3months ago he gave his life to Jesus..i know sometimes its hard to believe it when people tell you that they are followers of Jesus and yet their life looks like a wreck right? but something inside of me compelled me to believe him...maybe God reminding me that my life often looks like a wreck and yet God doesnt question my devotion to Him. robert said he quit "using" about three months ago but he wanted me to pray that God would help him in his pursuit to stay
clean. so i prayed..and me and robert wepted and hugged each other in a croud of 300 homeless people!

4 comments:

tweez said...

When I saw the pic, I thought it was Mark. Mark in L.A. Tell the girls to hug the women there as if they were their family. Hug them like we hug children. B/c that is what we are children...God's children who are wrapped in His love and grace. Love you and wish I was with you. Next time.

Rib.

Kaycee said...

oh that one got me! definitely teared up a bit! way to go LA team!

Anonymous said...

That will preach bro-

Cajun Tiger said...

You were the first person I thought of when I heard about the book...glad it was a blessing to you and others...pay it forward =)