Sunday, October 26, 2008

The gospel still works

A couple of weeks back I had the honor of hearing Franklin Graham preach at the catalyst conference and his message was amazing!!! He said,"forget what your conferences,seminaries, and own intellect have taught you about preaching...sometimes they tell you that just the ole gospel is to simple...you need to make it catchy and colorful with your creativity....BUT let me tell you that your catchy,clever sermons and illustrations can bring NO eternal-significant impact BUT the gospel has power...it changes people...IT STILL WORKS TODAY!!" He must have said that "it still works today" 50 times...wow! From India to Atlanta the gospel works...it cuts deep into a mans heart...its the only thing that works. I have proof that it works: Saturday nite I helped baptize my sister-n-law and brother-n-law who I have been praying for for nearly 10 years....ask them if the gospel still works!!!!

1 comment:

Brad Ruggles said...

Absolutely right. I was at Catalyst this year and that talk was amazing. It was awesome hearing from someone like Franklin Graham about the power of the gospel message around the world.

It still works today!